top of page


click:Beer Page

Gunther Brewing Company is a historic brewery building located at Baltimore, Maryland, United States. The site comprises 15 masonry buildings. The main structure is a five-story brick "L"-shaped Romanesque Revival-style brew house with a two-story brick ice plant built about 1910 and one- and two-story boiler room. Additional brew houses built in 1936 and 1950 are also on the property. The Tulkoff Factory and Warehouse was built about 1964. It was home to the George Gunther, Jr. Brewing Company, founded in 1900. By 1959 it was the second largest brewery in Baltimore, when it produced 800,000 barrels per year and employed approximately 600 people. Hamm's Brewing Company bought the Gunther Brewing Company in 1960.


Later acquired by the F. & M. Schaefer Brewing Company in 1963, the plant was closed in 1978. The Tulkoff company briefly used the factory for their sauce products at the conclusion of all brewing operations.

After that, large portions of the rear walls of some buildings were demolished to facilitate salvage.  The former brewery has been redeveloped into a modern, mixed-use building called The Gunther, much like other Canton buildings.

Gunther Brewing Company was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2002.

Click:Beer Page

Gunter Beer The Fishermen

Gunther Beer The Piano Player

Gunter Beer with Senor Wenorwences

Gunter Beer Senor Wenorwences at Memorial Stadium 

bottom of page